Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Easter 2007




Easter 2007 was quite cold, but we made the best of it anyway. We started the day with a visit from Kenny to give the kids their Easter cards and then headed off to "church" (see ethical society post). Alex lost a tooth in Sunday school and Alena skinned both of her knees as we were walking in, so I was a little concerned about how the rest of the day was going to go. After church we went to my mom's, ate some great food and watched the baseball game. The crowd at her house was smaller than usual, and mine were the only kids this year, but it was nice to visit with everyone who was there.
After mom's we headed to Brenda's and the kids hunted eggs in their winter coats. They all had a good time finding all 75 eggs we had hidden throughout the yard. After the hunt, Alex and Brady wanted to hide eggs for me and Brian to find. So they hid 30 eggs and Brian and I raced to see who could end up with the most. When we stopped to count, I had 15 and he had 14, which meant there was still one egg to be found. Brian was on a mission since if he found it we would be tied, but if I did I would "win". We probably looked for that one lost egg for another 10 minutes, but in the end I was victorious. It was really fun being a kid again for awhile, I think we have to make it an Easter tradition.

No comments: