Saturday, November 25, 2006

Shopped 'til we droppped!

Our annual day after Thanksgiving holiday shopping marathon was a success, although I am still feeling the after effects today. I always stay the night at Brenda's (Brian's mom) Thanksgiving night since we get up so early, we also have to have time that night to make our lists, check them twice, and plan our routes. Brenda and I are also both night owls and not use to going to bed at a decent time, so it was 2 am before we even got off to bed and another 30-60 minutes before we both fell asleep. The alarm went off at 4 am and we were off to Kohl's which opened at 5, which was an hour earlier than usual, damn you Kohl's! The doors opened and we were off, the initial rush is very exciting, but it is always soon followed by the chaos that ensues as hundreds of people fight for the few remaining $60 portable DVD players or whatever the hot bargain of the morning is. And no I didn't get one, but I was so close! I did get one later that night at Target, I paid $20 more for it but didn't have to fight anyone, well worth $20. (Don't tell the boys though--SHHH!) 14 hours, 12 stores, and hundreds of dollars later we called it a night and went back to Brenda's to unload. I have well over half of my shopping done and at least have ideas for the rest, not bad for one day's work I guess. Although I think I may have pulled something in my back about half way through the day yesterday and was in severe pain by the end of the night. The pain is better today, but I am still VERY stiff-- maybe I am getting too old for all this? One good thing about this year was the amazing weather, we have been doing this for the past 8 years or so and this was by far the best day weather wise. The best bargains of the day were at Dillard's of all places, they had all their Cardinals/World Series attire for 50% off! They had t-shirts for under $10 and sweatshirts, polos, and pullovers for $15-$30-- what a deal! Happy Shopping Everyone!

No comments: