Thursday, October 19, 2006

No More Crib!

For the past month or so, Alena has been constantly wanting to sleep with us at night. It all started when she was sick and teething and woke up in the middle of the night and I brought her into bed with us, from that point on she was hooked. I've tried all types of different things to get her to stop, but she still would wake up and scream until we gave in out of desperation for sleep. So we decided to just get rid of the crib and put the toddler bed up. The first night she screamed for 35 minutes before she finally went to sleep in her own bed, but then she slept until NOON! Then last night she only cried for 15 minutes, so we are making progress! It is very nice to get a good nights sleep, free of paranoia and little feet in my ribs. Hopefully, it will just get better as the week continues, but I still can't believe my little baby is already in a big girl bed!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Geez-they're getting so big-I'm not ready yet!