Thursday, December 21, 2006

SANTA! NO WAY!

About a week or two ago I was out X-mas shopping and needed to go to the mall anyway, so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to take Alena to see Santa since it was the middle of a weekday. We get to Santa's little house in the middle of the mall at 1:10 and of course Santa is at lunch from 1-2. So we did our shopping, grabbed some lunch, and got in line again at 1:45 and there were already about 8-10 people ahead of us. The whole time we were in line Alena was talking about Santa and all the lights, etc. When we were finally next to see Santa (approx. 2:20), Alena watched the kids in front of us go sit on Santa's lap, but when I told her it was her turn to go see Santa she grabbed my leg and said "No Way" (which was a popular phrase with her that particular week). I did my best to convince her, we waved at Santa and I sat on Santa's lap. I tried to get her to sit on the box next to Santa, but it was to no avail. Luckily, I didn't get her all dressed up for the occasion, although she did have a cute little long sleeved tee shirt with a sparkly Santa hat on it that read "Grandma and Santa have my list covered." So I will have no cute pictures of Alena and Santa this year, oh well. I know I could have put her on him anyway and got a picture of her screaming on him, which is also kinda cute, but I didn't want to force her to do it and scare her from Santa forever. I also didn't want to pay $20 for a picture of her crying. I guess we will try again next year!

No comments: