Wednesday, February 22, 2006

That doesn't really happen, does it?

The other day Alena and I did some shopping at Dollar General (I've had a personal ban on Wal-Mart for about a year now and there is nothing else by my house, but that's a blog for another day). Anyway, as we leave I put Alena in the car and go to the back to load up all my purchases. Just as I opened the hatch, I slipped and almost had a serious fall. Luckily I caught myself at the last minute and avoided a painful and embarrassing event. After I composed myself, I glanced down to see what was the cause of this potential mishap---it was a banana peel! I thought that kind of thing only happened in cartoons and slap stick comedies. Actually it wasn't just the peel, I think it was the better part of the banana that had been run over a few times. After I discovered what it was, I found the whole situation a lot more funny and I was even more thankful I hadn't actually fallen, the last thing I would've needed at that point was smushed banana all over me!

No comments: