Friday, December 19, 2008

Candy Cane Anyone?

Every Monday night, the children and I make our weekly trip to our local library. For the past several weeks there was a jar full of those little candy canes for kids to submit their guess about how many were in the container. Of course both boys jumped all over the chance since they are obsessed with numbers and they even put in an extra guess for Alena. So I get a call at work from Alex this week....

Alex: "Mom guess what?"
Me: "What?"
Alex: "I won the candy cane guessing contest at the library. I guessed 179 and there were 183."
Me: That's great hon, what did you win?"
Alex: " All the candy canes and the jar!"

I don't know what on earth we are going to do with 183 candy canes, but I guess we will figure something out. Luckily, my wrapping paper this year has a candy cane theme, so I may tape a candy cane to the top of each package. That should take care of about 40 of them. Plus I had the boys take 30 each to school today to give to their classmates for the Christmas parties, but even then there are still 83 more canes! So if anyone needs some let me know.

So far in the past couple months Alex has won us a Wii and 183 candy canes, Brian told him that he is going to be picking the lottery numbers from now on.

1 comment:

Amy said...

those are the luckiest kids i know!