Sunday, June 01, 2008

Butterfly House





A few weekends ago I took the kids to the Butterfly House in Chesterfield. We all really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful butterflies and I got a lot of great pictures too. We also took a ride on the old carousel in Faust Park. After we got home, Alena was playing outside in the yard when she came inside and announced:
"Momma I want to be a butterfly, I need my wings." To which she immediately ran into her room and retrieved her fairy wings. I helped her put them on and off she went back outside.
About 15 minutes later...

Alena: "Momma my wings are broken."
Me: "They look okay to me."
Alena: "But I can't fly!"
Me: "Well honey, you just have to pretend."
Alena with a heartbroken look on her face: "I don't want my wings on anymore."
And she took them off.

1 comment:

Amy said...

poor thing! at least she didn't try jumping off of anything high to see if they worked!