Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

OKay I know I'm a couple days late, but I hope everyone had a very happy and special Valentine's Day. Typically our Valentine's Day is rather uneventful, the kids are always excited about their school parties, but more often than not Brian has to work, we don't have a babysitter or don't want to fight the crowds, so we just spend the evening at home. Not this year! Brian's friend owns Market Street Bar & Grill in Warrenton and invited us to come out on Valentine's Day for all-you-can-eat crab legs. Since Brian is actually off on Thursday evenings, I thought we might could make it work this year. For the past couple weeks we have had a live-in babysitter, since one of Brian's employees has been staying with us while her car gets a new motor put in it, so the babysitter issue was covered. The only thing left was to get out of my usual Thursday night bowling league which was not hard to do. So we were both available, had a babysitter and had a table waiting for us on Valentine's Day, it was great! Dinner was wonderful and very reasonable. I got the crab legs which also came with a salad, stuffed mushrooms, pasta, and chocolate strawberries- all for only $19.95! Needless to say I was stuffed. Brian got a huge steak with all the fixins, and we both had a few drinks to go along with our lovely evening. I also got a beautiful mystical topaz necklace and he got Reese's peanut butter hearts and a singing card (I definitely got the better end of that deal). We had a wonderful evening, which is good because it may be several years before we get to go out again on Valentine's Day.

No comments: